With the hot seller’s market, sellers might be tempted to skimp on things, knowing that no matter what they do they’re likely to get more than asking price for their home. A home can be in total disrepair and still get scooped up. But as a Northern Colorado Realtor, I still want to encourage you not to leave money on the table in this hot seller’s market. Keep reading to see how you can get the most for your home!
Change Your Mindset
Unless there is a dire need, your goal should not be to sell your home as quickly as possible. That’s going to happen no matter what here in this hot Northern Colorado housing market! Your goal should be to get the most money you can out of the sale. This is your biggest life investment! When you sell it, you should want to get the most out of it.
Hottest Seller’s Market in History
Take advantage of your home and this moment in history. It’s Economics 101 to buy low and sell high, and here we are. Still, sellers are missing out on making the most on their investment? Why? They’re skipping steps!
I know you’re hearing stories for your family, friends, or neighbors about how their home went live on the market, and it got 15 offers right away. And those stories are real.
But that doesn’t mean you should skip out on what we’d teach all sellers to do in a slower market. Because there are things you can do when you list to get the most for your home when you sell.
Think about it this way—selling your house for quick cash is like selling it at a pawnshop. Your home deserves better than that! Let’s show it off for the gem that it is.
I love this quote from Warren Buffett that says, “Don’t get caught in the madness of the mobs.” Other people are selling their homes the pawnshop way and making bank. But you can make even more—up to tens of thousands of dollars more—if you do it right.
4 Steps to Getting the Most For Your Home
In this blog series, I will take you beyond throwing a few photos onto the MLS to list your home. I will show how to complete the 4 Steps to Getting the Most Out of Your Home in a Hot Seller’s Market. You’ll maximize your profits from your biggest investment and walk away with no regrets.
Over the next five weeks, I’ll be posting one blog each week. They will teach you how to get the most money out of your house, no matter what the market is doing. You can expect:
- Week One—Prep Your Home For Sale in NoCo, Even If It Can Sell In A Day. I’ll share how to do as little as possible and still make the home great in preparation of selling.
- Week Two—Why Selling Your Home For The Highest Price Possible in Northern Colorado Takes More Than Just Throwing It On the MLS. This article will be about how we can attract the most qualified buyers to your home who are ready to make their best offer. Make buyers prepared to do whatever it takes to get your home.
- Week Three—Beyond the Price, Know the Contract. Learn the nitty-gritty about terms and contingencies that can keep you from getting the most money for your home. We’ll also talk about cash offers and why they aren’t always the best offer.
- Week Four—It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over. I’ll explain why going under contract doesn’t mean it’s time to pop the champagne. I’ll teach you what you can do as a seller to make sure your home gets from the offer to the closing table.
- Week Five—Bonus about the pros and cons of selling your home off market. Since more people are doing this, I want to share the true pros and cons. I’ll also share how to get the most for your home even when you sell off market.
There’s a lot I want to share with you over the next five weeks. But, if you know you’re ready to sell and don’t want to wait for five weeks to learn all the tips, please just email me at [email protected]. I can let you know right away what to do to sell your home for the most money possible.
I'm Lauren Haug! I'm a teacher-turned-real estate agent, and I teach people how to build wealth through real estate in Northern Colorado.
443 E 4th Street #100
Loveland, CO 80537
schedule your free consultation